Mauritius is located in the Indian Ocean, with breathtaking white sandy beaches, crystal-clear blue waters and wonderful luxury resorts. It is truly an all-encompassing holiday destination with plenty to go around for families, honeymooners and the single traveller.
Discover a paradise of white sandy beaches and crystal blue waters
HIGHLIGHTS & INSIDER TIPS
- A perfect beach option after a safari in South Africa. Mauritius can easily be accessed from Cape Town and Johannesburg.
- With many of the resorts offering excellent kids clubs and kids activities, Mauritius is a great family holiday option.
- The capital city, Port Louis, is a melting pot of cultures. Visit the market for a bit of shopping and sample the local creole food.
- Take a glass bottom boat excursion at Blue Bay marine park and get a glimpse at the beautiful marine life. This is also one of the best places to go snorkeling in Mauritius.
- Try deep sea fishing. There are many species of huge fishes in the surrounding sea, including blue and black marlin, yellow tuna, different varieties of barracuda and so many more.