One & Only Rwanda Itinerary – 2023
Combining wildlife and adventure with a high-value, low-impact eco-tourism model, a trip to Rwanda is experiential travel at its best. With luxury eco-lodges, life changing experiences, incredible food and dramatic natural scenes, Rwanda is a top destination to visit.
With so few Gorillas remaining in the world, seeing them up close in their natural habitat is not something you’ll ever forget.
- Experience the diversity of Rwanda in luxury, staying at two One & Only properties.
- Explore Rwandan art, history, and culture in the vibrant city of Kigali.
- Discover Nyungwe National Park, one of the oldest rainforests in Africa home to 140 orchid species, over 322 bird species, and 13 species of primate including Chimpanzee, Colobus, and LHoests monkeys.
- Trek endangered mountain gorillas, experience the vibrant golden monkeys, view an array of 200 bird species or explore 62 million-year-old caves in the world-renowned Volcanoes National Park.
Arrival Airport: Kigali (KGL) / Departure Airport: Kigali (KGL)
Duration: 7 Days
Lodges Included: The Retreat by Heaven / One & Only Nyungwe House / One & Only Gorilla’s Nest
Day 1 – The Retreat by Heaven
The Retreat by Heaven is Kigali’s first eco-friendly resort and features solar electricity, organic toiletries, locally-crafted furniture from a Tanzanian sustainable teak farm, outdoor showers, private terraces, a yoga and meditation room, spa, large heated saltwater swimming pool with jacuzzi, and diving rocks, and an open-air fitness center. Fusion Restaurant and its Swahili-inspired bar, located at The Retreat, offer delicious farm-to-table international cuisine, while Heaven Restaurant (reached through the Retreats Stairway to Heaven) offers an innovative modern African menu.
It’s the perfect choice to host guests for 1 night or several days as it offers innovative, curated cultural experiences and exciting activities in and around Kigali.
Day 3 – One & Only Nyungwe House
One & Only Nyungwe House offers a one-of-a-kind escape, bordering one of Africa’s oldest rainforests. Discover Rwanda from the heart of the jungle whilst you stay in their stunning treetop-skimming luxury suites and rooms secluded in wonderfully untamed surroundings, accommodating all adventure seekers and paying homage to Rwanda’s beauty and heritage.
Enjoy captivating wildlife, dramatic mountain landscapes, and a working tea plantation, as you experience a boundless sense of freedom; re-discover how it feels to be truly alive – here and now.
Day 5 – One & Only Gorilla’s Nest
A stay as beautiful as the Volcanoes area itself, One & Only Gorilla’s Nest is an opulent 5-star getaway in one of Africa’s favorite safari destinations. The open, treehouse-style rooms immerse the guests into the surroundings with the best views of the rainforest and volcanic hills in the distance.
Awaken a wild spirit of adventure as you enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime personal encounter with the rare and majestic gorillas roaming free in their own natural habitat.
INCLUDED / EXCLUDED
- Bed & breakfast accommodation at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Full board accommodation at One & Only Nyungwe House and One & Only Gorillas Nest;
- Purified water and coffee/tea in the room at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Non-alcoholic beverages, beers, and house wines at One & Only Nyungwe House and One & Only Gorillas Nest;
- Park fees, conservancy fees, and all trekking permits;
- Full-day Kigali City Tour including lunch on Day 2;
- Two activities per person per day at One & Only Nyungwe House (archery, mountain biking, bird watching, guided nature walk, spear throwing, and star gazing);
- Two activities per person per day at One & Only Gorillas Nest (guided nature walks, gorilla talk at the Jack Hanna Cottage, coffee tasting, local community performances (organised weekly), mountain biking, running, drumming with the locals, exploring the chefs garden, archery, open-air yoga, and meditation);
- One chimpanzee trekking experience and one canopy walkway guided hike at Nyungwe National Park;
- One golden monkey experience and one gorilla trekking experience at Volcanoes National Park;
- One 30-minute welcome massage per person (subject to availability) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- One 30-minute on-site cultural activity (cocktail making/banana wine making demonstration/ local culinary demonstration or neighborhood walk – subject to availability – pre-booking required) at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Use of gym, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, and yoga terrace at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Access to a fitness centre at One & Only Nyungwe House;
- Use of steam room and sauna at Club One at One & Only Gorillas Nest;
- Use of trekking equipment including ponchos, gaiters, backpacks, and shoe cleaning at One & Only Nyungwe House and One & Only Gorillas Nest;
- Laundry at One & Only Nyungwe House and One & Only Gorillas Nest;
- All road transfers mentioned in private transfers including snacks in the vehicle;
- Meet and assist on arrival and departure at Kigali International Airport;
- Akagera Aviation & AMREF Flying Doctors Membership;
- Airport transfers; and
- All statutory charges.
- Additional meals and drinks at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Champagne, cellar wines, and premium spirits at One & Only Nyungwe House and One & Only Nyungwe House;
- Additional activities not mentioned in inclusions;
- Spa treatments;
- International flights and visa fees;
- All statutory increases beyond our control;
- Laundry at The Retreat by Heaven;
- Gratuities; and
- Any other extras.
SEASONS & RATES
MID-SEASON: 16 Jan – 31 May & 01 Nov – 14 Dec
Per person sharing = $13,801
HIGH SEASON: 01 Jun – 30 Sep & 01 – 31 Oct
Per person sharing = $18,671
- Festive season rates (15th Dec – 5th Jan 2024) are available on request.
- Gorilla trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older.
- Chimpanzee trekking is permitted for children aged 15 years and older.
- Golden monkey experience is permitted for children aged 12 years and older.
- Gorilla and Golden Monkey trekking begin at 07:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 06:40 am.
- Chimpanzee trekking begins at 05:00 am and guests are required to arrive at the park office at 04:40 am.
Email to book – email@example.com