Sitting on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe, Victoria Falls is the stuff of legends, romance and myth. The Falls are an iconic natural wonder that feature prominently on the “must see list” of travellers to Southern Africa. The sheer size, sight and sound of this magnificent spectacle never fails to inspire.
HIGHLIGHTS & INSIDER TIPS
- Enjoy a sunset cruise down the Zambezi River either privately or on a bigger boat. You will most likely see hippos and crocodiles, potentially elephants and plenty of beautiful birds.
- Rovos Rail luxury train offers a three day set departure itinerary between Pretoria and Victoria Falls. Guests are given a red carpet welcome upon disembarking or embarking the train at Victoria Falls Station.
- Without a doubt one of the most exciting things to do is swim in Devil’s Pool on the rim of the falls. Access to this unique pool is only possible from the Zambian side during low water, which is usually from mid-August to mid-January.
- Excursions unique to Victoria Falls are a tree top canopy tour, a walking Wildlife Conservation safari in the company of professional guide Charles Brightman and game drives or walking on the Stanley & Livingstone Private Game Reserve.
- Victoria Falls is a great destination all year round, with different seasons offering vastly different experiences.